From IOI Wiki
Public task: Hill
- Unique ID: ioi09hill
- Source: IOI 2009 , created by Iskren Chernev
- Usage: IOI 2009
- License: Free to use/modify with acknowledgement (details)
- Type: Reactive
- Topic(s): Divide and conquer
- Task: find the location of a hill (a cell with an altitude higher than its neighbors) in a 2D grid, by requesting the altitude of no more than 3050 cells.
- Solution: Divide the grid in two halves, pick one that is assured to contain a hill, and start again on that half.
- Difficulty: Bronze, Task 2/3
- Task statement: Language not specified!
- Solution: Document missing!
- Limits: 1 second, 64 Mb